May 9, 2012

Family

So far I have only posted about our adventure. I have been negligent in writing about my family. Here is my sweet happy family:
Emma Grace is my sweet two and a half year old. She is way too smart for her own good and, as she will tell you, her favorite colors are pink and purple. She is mostly a carbon copy of me, except for the smarts and that she got directly from her dad. She will only wear dresses and loves shoes. She will change her shoes every few minutes and beg to sleep in them. God made her as girly as they come!

Elliott is my handsome little 16 month old. He loves his mommy and she (me!) couldn't be happier about it. He is just starting to talk even though he learned months ago. When he wants something, he can say it. When you want him to say something, you are completely out of luck. He is into everything and can break into anything that is "child-safe." God made him all boy!

Chad is my wonderful, brilliant husband. We have been married for over 7 and a half years and I can hardly remember life without him ... just a little joke - we met when I was five (see below for full story). He is a computer scientist by education, but a communications guy currently. He has great integrity. I thank God for choosing him for me.

My name is Jenni and I get to spend every day at home with my family. I went to school to be a teacher and did that for one year before becoming a flight attendant. Being a waitress in the sky was a means to an end with my end being my marriage to Chad. After we were married, I spent some time as a receptionist before returning to teaching. I taught elementary school at four different schools over 6 years and loved it. Now I love teaching my two precious children.

Chad and I lived down the street from each other growing up and he was my older brother's best friend. Later, we were in the same youth group at church and then in high school together. We went our separate ways in college, but saw each other on holidays. Then, after graduation, I took him to the airport two hours away on my way to a job interview. We made plans to get together when he got back from the wedding he was headed to. We did and we've been together ever since.

The most important part of our family is our heavenly father. We serve the Lord the best we can. We love our church and our community of believers. We believe in Jesus and that He is the way, the truth, and the life. If you want to know more, let me know. I can talk about my relationship with God as long as anyone will let me.

So, that's my family. Thanks for getting to know us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!