1. I love to read.
2. I think my reading obsession started with the American girl books I got for Christmas in the third grade.
3. I can remember getting a few books for a gift as a child and having them all read by the end of Christmas day, forsaking all my other gifts.
4. If a book is good, I will stay awake until I finish it. Then I may have to start the first few chapters of a new book so I have something to look forward to and don't grieve over the loss as I sleep.
5. My favorite book of all time is Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card ... for now.
6. I also really love my Bible.
7. I recently sold my library of books in trying to simplify my life. I haven't looked back. A few favorites are still around.
8. I never have overdue books at the library because I go at least once a week ... or more.
9. I found the Stephanie Plum books after seeing the movie One for the Money. I read all 18 main titles and all the between-the-numbers books in less than 3 weeks. They were really good and I would even wake my husband up laughing at them in the middle of the night. I have a fictitious crush on Ranger.
10. I love young adult fiction and children's fiction. As a former teacher, it was really easy to check books out of the school library. They are easy reading and fun.
11. I love "inspirational romance." My favorite christian book author is Lori Wick, but I read Robin Jones Gunn books all through my teenage years and she has a special place in my heart.
12. I also love Historical Fiction. Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice was my best friend's favorite book and she defeated cancer by heading on to heaven, so P&P is very important to me.
13. I like Science Fiction in most forms. I can handle aliens, zombies, and crazy abilities. Did I mention Ender's Game is my favorite book?
15.I love post-apocalyptic fiction. I read Hunger Games and moved onto this list of 25 books to read if you love the Hunger Games. I've read 11 off this list so far and really loved Divergent and Matched. (I had already read City of Ember when it came out years ago, and it made the cut in my book purge.)
16. I don't like non-fiction. I have read a few that I loved, but not many. Most of those were Christian books or teachering books.
17. I don't dog ear my books and I get upset when a book is returned to me with creases.
18. My brother can read a paperback without bending the spine at all. I don't like to borrow his books because no matter how hard I try, I can't return them in the same condition. He says he understands and that I am not as good at reading books as he is.
19. I love that my library can get you any book from any library in the state. I have only run across two books that were not available in any way. The library system is a great thing.
20. When I my kids go to school, I would like to get a Media Specialist degree and be a librarian.
22. My son's favorite book is One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.
23. My husband loves to read about Mythology. He just finished the Percy Jackson series even though I gave it to him for Christmas several years ago.
24. The last book I read was Shadows and Strongholds by Elizabeth Chadwick.
25. The book I am reading now is The Plot Thickens by a bunch of Mystery Writers. It's all short stories and I thought it would be a good way to introduce me to some new authors.
Any new book suggestions for me?